Set up Windows Hello Fingerprint on Windows 10
To unlock device using a fingerprint reader with Windows Hello, use these steps:
Open Settings on Windows 10.
- Click on Accounts.
- Click on Sign-in options.
- Under the “Manage how you sign in to your device” section, select the Windows Hello Fingerprint option.
- Click the Set up button.
- Click the Get started button.
- Confirm your account password.
- Touch the fingerprint sensor as indicated in the wizard.
- Continue with the on-screen directions to capture your fingerprint from various angles
Once you complete the steps, you can now lock your device (Windows key + L), and then use the fingerprint reader to sign in with the finger that you configured